What is tofu from? And how will your health benefit?
Tofu is made of soy and is sometimes also called soy cheese.
The soybean is an important legume that is one of few plants to contain complex proteins, and it is high in protein.
It is therefore a key protein source and an essential part of a vegan diet. For people who do eat animal products, it can be a pleasant change.
How are tofu products beneficial for health?
- They protect and improve the cardiovascular system
- They reduce cholesterol
- They are suitable for people who don’t tolerate dairy products well
- They help prevent certain types of cancer
- They are an excellent source of high-quality protein
- They help prevent osteoporosis